Friday, May 3, 2013

Gerunds



Gerunds adalah kata kerja yang berfungsi sebagai kata benda. Contoh:
  • Fishing is fun.
a. Gerunds sebagai Subject, Object atau Complement
  • Smoking costs a lot of money.
  • I don't like writing.
  • My favorite occupation is reading.
  • Smoking cigarettes costs a lot of money.
  • I don't like writing letters.
  • My favorite occupation is reading detective stories.
b. Gerunds setelah Prepositions (kata depan)
  • I will call you afterarriving at the office.
  • Please have a drink beforeleaving.
  • I am looking forward tomeeting you.
  • Do you object toworking late?
  • Taraalways dreams aboutgoing on holiday.
c. Gerunds setelah Kata kerja Tertentu
  • I dislikeeating.
Berikut ini daftar kata kerja yang diikuti oleh bentuk gerunds
admit, appreciate, avoid, carry on, consider, defer, delay, deny, detest, dislike, endure, enjoy, escape, excuse, face, feel like, finish, forgive, give up, can't help, imagine, involve, leave off, mention, mind, miss, postpone, practice, put off, report, resent, risk, can't stand, suggest, understand
Contoh:
  • She is consideringhaving a holiday.
  • Do you feel likegoing out?
  • I can't helpfalling in love with you.
  • I can't stand not seeing you.
Gerunds dalam kalimat Pasif
Kita sering menggunakan gerund setelah kata kerja need, require dan want.
  • I have three shirts that needwashing. (need to be washed=perlu dicuci)
  • This letter requiressigning. (needs to be signed=perlu ditandatangani)
  • The house wantsrepainting. (needs to be repainted=perlu dicat ulang)

0 comments:

Post a Comment